Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monkeys Eat too!

Less than 50 days....I can't believe that time is flying so fast and it is already March! A few weeks ago I attended a stage prep course that was SO important and helpful. I learned about posing and stage presence, which I thought I already had some of it down, but I was definitely wrong!! Pour on the sass and add in the sexy and don't forget to arch that back!! Oh and don't forget to smile!! Just a few things to remember for competition ;).

So the last few weeks have been nothing but difficult, not because of the training or because of the diet, but mostly because of the support, or the lack there of. I am truly thankful and blessed for the amazing positive support that I have received however! I've been blown away by the amazing people that have entered my life since I chose this big change.

There have been the minor bumps in the road with the amount of negativity that seems to have come into the picture. One of my biggest annoyances has been, "Can I have a bite of that?" No you can't have a bite you can bring your own damn lunch though!!! The other comments have been much more rude or condescending. Like what is the point or God you're packing a lot of protein in that big cooler of yours. You're getting disgusting skinny you look like you have an eating disorder...I would love to smack these people in their face, but I'm rising above. My so far favorite *insert sarcasm here* thing is when acquaintances, not friends, pull on my clothes. HOW RUDE!!!! I guess it is a form of flattery, but way to overstep the personal space!

I think one of the hardest things I've had to overcome is having people stare at me while I'm eating. Apparently I didn't get the memo that I was behind plate glass cages like a monkey. I'm eating, and guess what it is normal food! *Newsflash!* my food is NORMAL, I grocery shop at a regular store just like you!

Okay Rant over!!! So far I'm going to say that I am LOVING this!!! Everyday is a challenge and I love it! I have had the best time and the meals I am eating are amazing!! The food is the best part and everyone thinks that competition dieting is the worst part! The food we get to eat is so amazing it seriously is the best fuel for my body! Andrew even has been the best about trying the new food recipes and even some fruit ;)!!! My favorites so far have been the meatballs, which are AMAZING!! I love the pancakes, yes I said PANCAKES on a competition diet?!

There have been some minor challenges that I have not mentally been ready for, but thankfully with the support that I do have they are just that, minor! I will say that this is definitely something that is more mentally challenging than anything. Doing this for me is what my intentions are. This is meant to be fun and it is! I heard something from a good friend that is a competitor, that no matter what at the end of a competition, where you place, it doesn't matter, because you have already personally won. You've challenged yourself and conquered any fears and that in itself is ultimately winning.

I've had the best time so far and even through the challenges, no said it would be easy, but they did say it would be worth it!





1 comment:

  1. I think you look beautiful!! Love you bestie, keep up the great work! You're amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete