Monday, February 18, 2013

Nine Weeks Out, but who's counting!!!

As many of you who follow my Instagram or Facebook have probably learned by now, I'm going to be competing in a Bikini Fitness Competition!! I'm very excited, and very nervous all at the same time, but mentally I am ready! 

I have many friends who have competed in many different competitions nationwide, and I never thought I could or wanted to get my feet wet in that sort of thing. For many reasons, I was too nervous, I never thought I could do it, I didn't think I had enough self control for the strict diet, but recently something just clicked! It became something that I couldn't stop thinking about! 

Now many of you probably don't know the difference between all the different shows and I'm sure all of you think you just parade around in the skimpiest swimwear and stripper heels, but there are some big differences! I have chosen to do the bikini category. I don't think I could ever do the figure category because I would rather have a softer look in muscle size and definition!! 

I have learned so much since the beginning of the year and literally every day I look at contest information, suits, shoes, girls, workouts, diets....Everything!!!

The first thing I had heard I needed to do was to set a date! That helps keep your motivation high and also helps you set your eyes on a goal!! I chose a smaller show that is local here in Kansas City, April 27th. http://www.kcbodybuildingonline.com/index.html is the link for the show and information!! 

The next thing I needed to do was to figure out what to do! There is so much that goes into the preparation for something like this and I was like a lost little puppy in this world! Thankfully I do have a great resource of information, a boyfriend who is an awesome personal trainer, that could help me with some of my workouts, but I knew that since nutrition is 80% of it I would need to seek out more help!

Throughout the starting phases of this journey, Andrew, decided and also motivated me, to do the show! So not only do I get lucky enough to get the support throughout the journey, I also get to share the experience with him as well! 

So we decided since we were both rookies to this sport, that we needed to find someone who could help us excel in it and give us some guidance! We luckily both know some awesome people who have competed that were able to help us! Through the help of a trainer who Andrew used to work with, we got signed up with Twin Fitness, where she now works, to help us get started.

So far I'm two check-ins into the process and I feel great! I have the best coaches through Elite Coaching Twin Fitness, who are there anytime we need anything! They have sent monthly workouts and meal plans with some amazing recipes! Not just the dried out chicken and broccoli :) Andrew is even enjoying the food! 

I'm very lucky and blessed that I have amazing support through this process, with the number of girls that I am friends with or have met along this journey I love the positive energy that I have received!! It is definitely a blessing to have the support from all of my friends, because this is something that can be very mentally overwhelming! I have experienced a few meltdowns already and I'm sure I'll probably experience a few more along the road, just a little bump to deter me from my ultimate goal, but not to stop me from getting there! Until next time.... Eventually I'll get more confidence and post some progress pics too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment